Wednesday, November 22, 2006

In Hue...on my way to Saigon for Thanksgiving!

I've been having difficulty putting pictures on this blog because of the long loading time, but I figured a text post is better than nothing.

I'm currently in the city of Hue, which is on the Southern side of the Demiliterized Zone from the Vietnam war. This city is one of the areas that got bombed the most because of it's close proximity to the war zone.

The highlight of this city is a beautiful citadel which has a moat and elephant rides...in my opinion this city is a bit boring. I'm flying today to Saigon and then tomorrow morning to Cambodia to see Angkor Wat. I'm pretty excited to get back to Thailand and do some diving, fishing, snorkeling, and swimming. Right now I can feel the sweat dripping down my back from the heat and the only relief is a second-rate fan...yuck.

The people so far have been really nice, including both backpackers and locals. I just ran into two 20 year old Finnish girls who were on my boat ride in Halong Bay, and they told me that they went trekking with a group of people after I left. The funny (or awful) thing is that this included two old men and two hookers!!! How many people can say they went trekking with hookers???

I'll try to get some more photos up asap, as I have some good ones.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hookers? son of a B&*^&^....thats it, im coming to meet up with you..
-mikey